Aura's 'Crib' a peek into my baby's nursery
Don't mind me...I'm just chillin' on my golden poof drinking my milk! What brings you here?
Better late than never, a peek into Aura's crib-aka-nursery-almost-to-be-a-toddler-room-soon! As most of you know, we travel back and forth to Boston. This is our California pad set up. My fav item in this whole room is the gold, leather poof from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I am obsessed with historical patterns and this reminds me of an old stained glass window. The stitches are fabric with a beautiful pattern on the top. It just adds a bit of glam to the room.
Here is a list of all the furniture and why I chose it, enjoy!
- Her crib is Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. It is actually the same one we have in Tudor's room as a toddler bed. Being a Designer and having specialized in high-end historical homes, I love old trim and moldings. The fluted posts and flour de lis under the cornice that runs around the top the crib stole my heart!
- The sheet & bumper set on the crib is from Pottery Barn kids. I did both Aura & Tudor's rooms in a grey color and the sheet is grey with little silver stars. The bumper is white velvet. Looking at the picture, I could have straighten it up a bit more, but I did take these right after her nap and lets face it, the crib skirt and bumper are never aligned with her moving all over!
- Her dresser / changing table is also from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child and a matching set.
- Moving to the photo's above, my glider chair is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child and I used it to nurse both Tudor and Aura. The boppy pillow fits perfectly in it while nursing and you can rock baby to sleep after. The little throw pillows are from a local store in Tiburon.
- The curtains are from Pottery Barn, they are not black out by any means, but then both of my kids lived in noisy Boston for their first few months where there was so much light and noise!
- The wall color is from my fav historical paint company, Farrow & Ball. It is called Matchstick.
- Aura's little sheep on the shelf is made of real wool and came from Ireland from my sister-in-law who visited there.
- The weathered wood and iron shelves are from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. They are super heavy and match the walnut floors we have perfectly. I like displaying only a few items on the shelves. There is of course, Mrs. Owl who is the identical wife of Mr. Owl in Tudor's room from Skip Hop, our Nest camera and even a ceramic piggy bank from Tiffany!
- Moving on the the photos above, Her newborn photo shoot picture was done by a local photographer in Boston. I got the idea from another mom of the fuzzy net blanket, LOVE!
- The gorgeous wood 4 leaf clover mirror is from Arthaus. They have a local store in Boston we have gotten a few things at. I just love the symmetrical shape and how it opens up the room.
- The couch is from Crate & Barrel and is also a full size sleeper sofa. We keep all the sheets and pillows in the closet for our guests. I believe it is a twill fabric in sand. The anchor pillow is from a local store in Tiburon.
- Finally, the D R E A M mirror letters are from Pottery Barn Kids. I love how they tie together the wall with all the different shapes that are going on beneath it. They also shimmer in the light at night.
- My ceiling pendant is from Pottery Barn and is made up of glass beads hanging on a string. I love using glass in pendant fixtures to add a bit of glam. They also cast a beautiful shadow across the ceiling at night.
Whew! I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my sweet Aura's nursery. If you have any questions on designing your own nursery / toddler room, please email me at email@example.com or comment below.
What is your favorite room in the house and why? I would love to hear from you!
Aura says "Bye Bye and visit me again!"