Bedroom Decor in CA
First of all, this top shot need up being one of my all time favorite shots of Tudor and Aura! Yes, this is how I wish my bed always looked...all made with theses with these cute creatures on it, freshly bathed, in their matching PJs, tummies full, gone to the potty, diaper changed and joyfully playing! As we know, this isn't always the case, but I will look back at this photo in future and wish it was. Here are the decor details on my little sleep haven:
- I loved my bed set so much in Boston, I got the same one for my CA house. It is from Pottery Barn and I love the rushed comforter cover. I am a sucker for all white in the bedroom. I got 2 extra large king pillows and 3 regular pillows and 2 large square decorative pillows. They all are white, but have different textures that makes it more interesting.
- The headboard is West Elm and I absolutely love the quilted white leather look! It is also easy to clean unlike a fabric headboard.
- I went with these sculptural solid glass lamps from Restoration Hardware with white linen drum shades.
- The bedside tables are mismatching on purpose from Restoration Hardware. One is a double circle steel set that can be used as an extra reading table and the other is a rectangular thin sheet of steel hammered on a wood frame.
- The solid glass table lamps are also from Restoration Hardware and add a luxury feel to the bed decor. They allow the natural light to pass through them so they blend into the wall.
- The artwork above the headboard is also from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I had originally got it for Tudor's room, but it looked perfect here. I love the little play on words in the quotes.
- I used Farrow & Ball paints which are my absolute favorite. All of their colors are based on historical colors found in old homes.
- My stone and metal buddhas I purchased at flea markets.
Overall, I kept the color scheme with neutral whites and dark grey. To add interest, I used different textures as on the bed with ruche, quilted fabric, and flat cotton. These different textures I also used on the nightstands with solid brushed steel and a thin sheet of hammered steel. I painted the bed wall a shade darker than the other 3 walls. By just using 2 colors you can make a room look calm and interesting at the same time.
Here are some similar products:
The little accordion photo album on my nightstand is from Aura's newborn photoshoot. I keep it there to remind me of our special time together when she was born. I also usually keep my mom's prayer card on my buddha to send her good luck in heaven. I hope this gives you a little inspiration for your own bedroom escape. If only it would be ours again one day! As I write this, Tudor insisted on sleeping with Dada in the big bed.
If you have any questions on where I got pieces, sizes, colors, fabrics, etc., please comment below or email me at email@example.com. What is your favorite room in your house? Would love to hear a little bit about it!