Cooking in the Kitchen with Kids
Tudor love to cook, in fact I think he's going to have videos up on his eggs & french toast soon. He's got his little step stool to help pour, measure and mix all of mama's recipes. He's also got a little skillet and whisk for his very own eggs. He's obsessed with measuring and mixing!
Here are some of my tip that have made cooking and eating with both Tudor and baby Aura fun and yummy.
- Introducing a new spice each time you cook. I love seeing their faces trying different ones.
- Popping something simple in with his favorite eggs like scallions he loves.
- Letting Tudor help with the cooking has really helped his acceptance in trying new foods.
- Having a few kid sized pots, pans and utensils he can use.
- Using fun plates and letting Tudor pick which one he wants to use.
- Dipping sauces aka ketchup, teriyaki, pienapple, anything that can be fun to dip.
It may take longer for me to make every meal, every day but it's just more time I get to spend together with Tudor. I know these moments won't last forever and they are already fleeting.
My next post will be on some of my favorite toddler recipes. I would love to hear some of your favorites, especially the ones your little ones can help with. Yours in patient toddler cooking.
Psst..his little step stool, you can see in the second photo, is wooden letters that were handmade and pop out. Tudor Traian is his first and middle name.