DIY Ombré Balloon Birthday Party Centerpiece
For Aura's first Birthday, I wanted to do something very special. Her name means light and she emits an 'aura' around her of colored light, which creative people do. So for my little angel, I wanted her party to be the most colorful rainbow of balloons, with a unique twist.
We came, we conquered! I found my inspiration for this centerpiece on a website that loves balloons, Oh Happy Day. I often find an inspirational idea and put my own spin on it!
- Step one was the chicken wire. I sent my husband to get this and ended up with a large roll of it. Note: Wear gloves when cutting and bending, this stuff is sharp! Get a piece the length of your table and then bend in the sides and ends.
- Blow up a bunch of mutual colored 4" & 8 or10" balloons. I put them in garbage bags on the chair backs around the table to keep them organized.
- Then get out your colored thread and match them up with your balloon colors, cutting 8" pieces.
- Make all your accordion paper shapes. I ordered all mine on Amazon and got 3" balls and then found different shaped ones at Target.
- NOW...lay it all out as you would like to see it, blending the colors together OMBRÉ!
- Next just start tying your balloons one of each color then another of each so you can gradually fill in the piece.
- TIP: Have a friend over with a bottle of wine and get your DIY on!
- Fill in all the gaps where you cab see the wire with paper shapes.
- Voila, you are done! You can add tassels etc to make it a fuller piece.
Finally blow up your 12" balloons and add matching string to tie them to the centerpiece. I go the hassles for the balloons at Target. To make the centerpiece POP I covered my table in white paper and put a translucent white table cloth with silver stars on it from Target.
If I can be of any help at all, please ask away! I would love to hear your favorite party DIY creation you have done! Until, the next Birthday....