Tudor's 3rd Birthday Party
Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet Tudor Traian. Tudor requested a puppet show! He had seen one before and loved it, so I tracked down Fairyland in Oakland, CA whose performers sometimes do private parties. The performance was 'Perez and Mondingo' a tale of a cockroach who searches for love and finds it with a mouse. The large marionettes came out at the end. They handed out candy and then the kids all chased them around the house. It was so funny watching all the kids run in circles after the 'candy man'. None of his friends had been to a puppet show party, so it was a special treat for everyone!
As some of you may know, I am from NY and hate the heat. It had been 90+ earlier that week, so this mama rented a tent of the kiddos. It worked out great as it provided a 'room' for them. I got colorful paper accordion balls and hung them all over the tent. It was so neat to see something unplanned come out so cool!
Here are a few of my party fav supplies.
- I got the galvanized party tub for the adult beverages and kids juice pouches from World Market. They even make a small one I put all the napkins & plastic cutlery in.
- The cute beachy plastic serving platters are from Crate & Barrel. I got a few platers and plastic fishy plates to match. Ironically, I now use these plastic plates daily instead of ceramic for Nic and I.
- The party crafts are all from Michaels. For this project, it was all about puppets! I was originally going to make stick puppets and cut out a variety of felt clothing for the kids to glue on. In the end, I miraculously found these little wooden masks. The wood is a perfect surfaced for accepting crayon, marker, paint sticks and glue! I got pom pots and feathers for the kids to adorn their masterpieces with. FUN!
- The honeycomb paper balls are from Amazon, but you could probably get at any party supply store.
- His butter cream birthday cake from Whole Foods decorated with colorful circles.
I linked all of our outfits below. My beautiful top was hand embroidered in Romania, but I provided a link to a similar one. Aura's outfit was Janie and Jack and Tudor's outfit was Crewcuts JCrew for kids.
I hope you loved this little peek into Tudor's Puppet Birthday Party! If you have any questions, let me know. What is a favorite birthday party you have thrown or been invited to? I would love to hear all your ideas!