Tudor's 'Crib' - Decor of my Toddler Boy's Bedroom
Tudor's in da house! Here we are 2yrs and 10months old and I had to give you a peek into Tudor's sleep world before he goes to a big bed. Nooo, it can't be true, my baby boy a big boy. So here we go! We have had this Restoration Hardware crib since he was born in Boston and he loves it so much we converted it to the toddler bed and he is still using it. Pictured with Tudor is Doggie, his well traveled favorite bed time friend. Doggie has even been to the Carribean and Europe, lucky Doggie!
Below are some of my favorite decor pieces in his room.
- Mr. Owl, as we like to call him, has been with us since the beginning and goes everywhere with us. If I had to tell someone one piece that our nursery could not do without, it would be Mr. Owl. He is a night night that beams stars onto the ceiling and a noise machine.
- His shell pendant fixture from West Elm. I leave this on every night on a low dim setting as a night light. It casts a warm glow across the ceiling diffused by the shells. It also doubles as a fun chime to play with when walking by.
- The standing wall mirror is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids. It continues the theme in the room of distressed white vintage details. We have it facing the door to make the room appear larger. Also, the kids love playing in it. Did you know that good feng shui has a mirror when you enter a room?
- The little silver picture frame is from Pottery Barn and hold a picture of me as a baby. I am on the front porch of my parents house in New York. It brings back memories as my Mom took it as she has passed.
- The wicker and glass bulb lamp was from a boutique store in downtown Tiburon, Garnish. They have the cutest nautical items.
- Above is one of the animal set series from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids. We has 3 in his Boston Room, but the way they fit in this room I need a fourth...if you were wondering why one is missing. They are actual photographs of the cutest baby animals ever! The elephant holds a special meaning for me as my Mom loved elephants.
- Below is the Fleur de Lis detailing on the crib. LOVE! I used to specialize in high end residential design of historic homes and I am obsessed with the vintage detailing. I always look at the way a piece of furniture is put together as I used to custom design it. The way the little crown molding is placed on the top is perfect.
- Underneath that is the clover mirror I got from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids. I love the distressed mirror surface and the symmetrical shape of the clover. It gives a vintage feeling to the room instead of a harsh reflection. I have it above the changing table, that we just use for Aura now that Tudor is potty trained, oh yes he is, whew! Aura loves sitting up and looking at herself in it.
- Then we have the dresser with changing top, yep you guessed it, continuing my vintage furniture theme, is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids. I love the scalloped corners on the frame detail on the drawers. The simple, round metal pulls are perfect and don't detract from the overall design of the piece.
- The vintage metal side table is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids and is perfect to hold just the right amount of items, including Mr. Owl's perching spot.
- The hamper is from Pottery Barn and I like how it is breathable if something damp is place in it, plus I just love the shape of it.
I hope you enjoyed seeing Tudor's 'Crib'! I linked some similar items below. As always, if you have any questions or need help designing your room, please email me at email@example.com or comment below. I would love to hear about your favorite bedroom as well.
Next up on Home Decor...Aura's Nursery!